What is considered aesthetic dentistry?
- Posted on: Feb 28 2022
Cosmetic dentistry is, in a nutshell, any dental procedure that is performed to improve the appearance of the smile. At Golden Dental Solutions, we are pleased to offer not only cosmetic solutions for improving the look of the teeth, but general, preventive, and restorative dentistry as well. If you are thinking about undergoing treatments to address specific issues within the smile, it might be time to speak to one of our dentists about the treatments available.
What issues can be addressed using cosmetic dentistry?
Many imperfections of the smile can be improved by speaking to a cosmetic dentist about aesthetic and elective treatments. Consider the following issues within the smile and what can be done to address them:
- Gaps. Gaps between the teeth, especially near the front of the smile, may be resolved with coverage using composite resin bonding or veneers. Patients with several spaces and additional misalignment may also consider orthodontic treatment to realign the bite and pull the teeth together.
- Worn teeth. Teeth that are worn down from conditions such as bruxism can be repaired with resin bonding or the placement of dental crowns, acting as an extra layer of protection and strength.
- Stained teeth. Many patients turn to the dentist when dealing with stained and discolored teeth. In-office and take-home whitening products are often the best approach, though specific stains that cannot be improved in this manner may be covered with veneers or crowns.
- Gum loss. Conditions such as periodontal disease can result in the loss of gum tissue, leaving natural teeth more exposed and sensitive. Patients might ask the dentist about procedures such as gum grafting to rebuild the gum tissue and improve the gumline.
- Misalignment. Misaligned teeth can be addressed using veneers, bonding, or orthodontia. Our dentists can discuss the methods best for your smile.
How do I inquire about cosmetic services at Golden Dental Solutions?
The first step in discussing aesthetic treatments with an experienced dental team is to book a consultation appointment and evaluation with Drs. Gill, Kenson, and Qi. Call Golden Dental Solutions at (303) 277-9600 to request a visit at 1218 Arapahoe Street for more information.
Posted in: Cosmetic dentistry