Five benefits of dental implants
- Posted on: Sep 15 2021
Golden, CO area patients who are considering tooth replacement options may not be aware of what is available outside of traditional dentures. With continued advances in restorative and cosmetic dentistry, patients can now enjoy restorations such as dental implants. Dental implants are titanium posts that are placed during oral surgery into the jawbone. They act as the proper foundation for a crown, bridge, or denture. With dental implants, patients can eat their favorite foods with ease as these strong and durable alternatives become one with the jaw.
Below are just a few of the more desirable benefits to dental implants that help patients make an educated decision for tooth restoration:
- Confidence. Dental implants provide a lifelong solution for lost or extracted teeth, giving patients the self-confidence they need as they look and feel their best.
- Functionality. Dental implants both look and function as natural teeth, so eating your favorite foods is no longer a difficult chore or impossible when compared with other options such as dentures.
- Orla health. Dental implants do not impact the adjacent teeth and are a standalone restoration. They also eliminate the risk of bone resorption, which is unwanted bone loss due to the loss of a tooth. Dental implants stimulate bone growth and maintain a healthy and strong jaw.
- Convenience. Dental implants are a permanent fixture in the smile, eliminating the need for removing a partial or full denture every day to clean and care for. They require no additional care when compared to the rest of the smile, which benefits from brushing, flossing, and routine evaluations.
- Youthful look. Jaw maintenance also eliminates the facial collapse that can occur in long-time denture wearers. This allows patients to maintain their youthful appearance longer than those seeking removable appliances instead.
Are dental implants right for me?
Determining candidacy for dental implants starts with a consultation appointment with a dental professional. If you live in the area of Golden, Colorado and are ready to work with a professional to achieve a beautiful smile with dental implants, now is the time to connect with Drs. Nancy Gill, Dallas Kenson, and Evelyn Qi. Call (303) 277-9600 to request a visit at 1218 Arapahoe Street.
Posted in: Dental Implants